Thursday, April 22, 2010

Artemis Fowl


Artemis Fowl is also a book that I have been wanting to get my hands on for a long time. On several occassions I have seen other books in the Artemis Fowl series at the library but the first book has always been missing. You can imagine my joy when I found it waiting for me at the same book sale where I purchased Monster by Walter Dean Myers.

Artemis Fowl, written by Eoin Colfer, tells the story of Artemis, an Irish teen who sets out to earn back his families fortune by exploiting fairies. Few humans know of the population of fairies that live beneath the earth's crust and so when Artemis gets his hands on information about them, he uses it to blackmail them for some fairy gold. What Artemis wasn't counting one was dealing with the fairy police force who have some tricks of their own up their sleeves.

I can definitely see boy's enjoying Artemis Fowl. It is a light read and deals a lot with technology. I would most likely recommend it to Middle Schoolers (both boys and girls) for individual reading and would be less likely to use it as a whole class text.

No comments: